The International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH) is a scientific conference that explores the latest innovations and best practices in healthcare simulation. IMSH provides the tools and resources healthcare professionals need to advance their skills, impact change in delivery systems and practice, and, ultimately, to improve patient safety.
Future IMSH dates
January 15-19, 2022 Los Angeles, CA
January 21-25, 2023 Orlando, FL
January 20-24, 2024 San Diego, CA
Why are we cancelling IMSH 2021?
- The health and safety of all individuals involved with IMSH is paramount, and current, health-based rules in New Orleans don’t allow for events such as IMSH.
Are you doing anything virtual for IMSH 2021?
- We know education and industry needs don’t stop, and you don’t either. Therefore, plans are in works for a Redefined Virtual IMSH 2021 option to meet those needs and will be announced in the coming weeks.
Will any future event involve cost on my part?
- The Redefined Virtual IMSH 2021 is being developed, and we will communicate all information, including any pricing structure, as soon as it is available.
I submitted to present at IMSH 2021. What do I do now?
- Contact email@example.com for details regarding your submission and any next steps.
I either signed up or planned to sign up as an exhibitor or sponsor for IMSH 2021. What do I do now?
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details regarding your status and any next steps.
Do I have to be a member of SSH to attend IMSH?
- No, you don't have to be a member. Significant registration discounts are available to members of SSH.
What is included in a Full Registration?
- Access to all main conference sessions presented at IMSH (note - Preconference and Immersive courses are an additional fee), the exhibit hall grand opening reception, access to the IMSH Hall of Discovery, and Posters, opportunities to meet your peers at interest group meetings open to all IMSH attendees, and complimentary networking lunches (Monday and Tuesday).
How many continuing education credits can I receive for attending IMSH?
- A maximum of 27 continuing education hours may be earned at IMSH 2021.
Who attends IMSH?
How do I claim CE credit?
- Make sure to have your badge scanned as you enter the classroom. If your badge is not scanned, you will not receive credit. After the conference, you will receive an email from email@example.com with instructions on how to complete your online evaluations. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive the link to the evaluations.
- In support of improving patient care, the Society for Simulation in Healthcare is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team. This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive a maximum of 27 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change.
Can I bring my spouse to IMSH?
- Spouses who want to attend must have a guest pass. Guest Pass registration includes Plenary Sessions, Exhibit Hall, beverage breaks and lunches. Does NOT include access to General Session courses (unless as noted below), Preconference and Immersive Courses, or Certification Blueprint Review Courses. General Session registrants may only purchase one (1) guest pass. Guest passes may only be purchased by a General Session registrant.
Does IMSH offer "team" discounts?
- No, meeting registrations are offered on an individual basis only.
Can I register my group at one time?
- Group registration is not available. Each individual needs to complete their own registration.
Will I receive printed handouts for sessions?
- We encourage presenters to use electronic versions of course materials, however, the distribution of course materials is at the discretion of the course director for each course. Presenters have the option of uploading course materials to the SSH Events App. SSH does not print educational materials or electronically distribute course materials after the meeting. Many IMSH sessions will be audio-captured for archive and later viewing in the SSH Live Learning Center.
What is included in a One Day Pass?
- One-Day Pass purchase not allowed for Saturday, January 9. Purchase of more than (1) One-Day Pass is not allowed. One-Day Pass registration includes daily Plenary Session, accredited educational content, Exhibit Hall access, beverage breaks and lunch (available Monday and Tuesday only). One-Day Pass registration does NOT include eligibility to register for Preconference and Immersive Courses. See full conference program for detailed schedule and offerings for each day.
What is IMSH’s Cancellation Policy?
- Notice of cancellation must be received in writing before 5 PM Eastern Standard Time (US) on 12/23/20. $200 administrative fee is nonrefundable. No refunds after 12/23/20. Cancellation policy further defined in the registration Terms and Conditions.
What is included in Exhibit Hall Pass?
- Exhibit Hall Pass purchase not allowed for Saturday, January 9 and Wednesday, January 13. Purchase of more than (1) one Exhibit Hall Pass is not allowed. Exhibit Hall Pass registration includes Exhibit Hall access, beverage breaks, Sunday opening reception and lunch (Monday and Tuesday). Exhibit Hall Pass registration does NOT include plenary session or educational content. Exhibit Hall hours vary each day. See full conference program for detailed schedule.
AGE RESTRICTIONS for the Exhibit Hall
- Ages twelve through seventeen are allowed on the Exhibit Hall floor during exhibit hours only and only with a parent or chaperone who is a registered IMSH attendee; children under twelve will not be granted access at any time. Youth must always be appropriately supervised by their chaperone . A student ID or some other proof of age is required. A one-day pass for this age group to enter the Exhibit Hall must be purchased at the Registration Desk. This pass does include lunch in the Exhibit Hall. Purchase of this pass is consent for the minor to enter the Exhibit Hall and is acknowledgement that there may be graphic displays or other content that may not be suitable for a minor. The designated parent or chaperone agrees to assume all risk of injury, loss, or harm that may be incurred or suffered by the parent, chaperone, or the minor(s) accompanied by them that occurs on the Exhibit Hall floor.
Do students, interns or residents receive a discounted registration rate?
- Current Fulltime Students and Residents may receive a discounted rate, which includes SSH membership. NOTE: Current Fulltime Student status documentation must be uploaded at time of registration. A letter from the institution will suffice. The student membership will be activated after IMSH attendance and will be valid through 12/31/2021.
Can I register for preconference courses on-site?
- YES, but space is limited for all preconference courses. There may not be a space available.
Can I attend a preconference course without registering for IMSH?
- No. You must be registered for IMSH in order to attend either an onsite preconference or offsite Immersive course.
Can I register for Immersive courses on-site?
- YES, but space is limited, and some immersive course registrations will close prior to IMSH. Because Immersive courses take place at local simulation centers, attendees must be on the bus by the posted time. Anyone who misses the bus will be responsible for their own travel to the host site should they wish to attend the course.
Can registrations be shared or transferred to another name if I can't make it?
- NO, IMSH registration cannot be transferred.
If I miss the registration deadlines, can I still register for IMSH?
- YES, you may register online or when you arrive on-site.
How do I receive an international letter of invitation?
- To receive an invitation letter, you must first be a paid registrant. Once you have registered, email email@example.com or call our office with the attendee name, organization, title, mailing address, and email address and we will send you a letter of invitation via email.
Does SSH accept electronic wire transfers as a form of payment?
- Yes, you can find payment instructions here.
How can I help spread the word about IMSH to my network?
- You can add an IMSH Facebook frame to your profile image. Also, please use the #IMSH2021 hashtag on all your social media posts and send interested people to imsh2021.org.
- Frame instructions:
- Click “Update Photo” on your Facebook profile image.
- In the “Update Profile Picture” window, select “Add Frame”.
- In the “Add a Frame to Your Profile Picture” window, type “imsh2021” in the search bar.
- Select the frame.
- Adjust/position your image if necessary.
- Click the blue “Use as Profile Picture” button.
The purpose of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare is to serve a global community of practice enhancing the quality of healthcare.
SSH seeks to improve performance and reduce errors in patient care through the use of simulation. Established in 2004 by professionals using simulation for education, testing, and research in health care, SSH membership includes physicians, nurses, allied health and paramedical personnel, researchers, educators and developers from around the globe. SSH fosters the improvement and application of simulation–based modalities such as human patient simulators, virtual reality, standardized patients and task trainers.
Recognizing that simulation represents a paradigm shift in health care education, SSH promotes improvements in simulation technology, educational methods, practitioner assessment, and patient safety that promote better patient care and can improve patient outcome.
A major venue for advancing simulation in medicine is the International Meeting for Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH).